Head of Supply Chain
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Supply Chain (SC) is accountable for consistent and flawless supply chain execution at the site level. On that purpose, he/she is translating customers’ demand into executable schedules for which material, asset and resources are available and develops and sets practices in alignment with the Lonza global supply chain. You also responsible for operational buying of materials and warehouse/ logistics operations.
- Flawless coordination of site planning alignment (from demand to execution)
- Robust sourcing information operational buying activities
- Ensuring through the warehouse/ logistics team that the movement of material across the site and distribution of products to the customers is conducted
- All medium- and short- term planning processes to ensure fully integrated asset capacity planning, labor planning and material planning
- Providing forecasting scenario integrating demand within operation network capacities over a rolling 2 to 5 year time horizon
- SC Team management including optimal resources allocation, hiring, gap analysis and talent development
- Serve as member of the Site Leadership Team (SLT), representing the local SC departments as well as the customer portfolio.
- Lead the monthly site Supply S&OP meeting, provide a monthly forecast of all site-based deliverables, update the financial outlook for the site as agreed at the meeting and submit to BU Planner.
- Oversee Inventory Management and Materials Flows.
- Very strong leadership skills with a demonstrated ability to motivate and manage not teams in a traditional hierarchical organizational structure and also enable teams in a matrix structure.
- Ability to create a highly collaborative and inclusive environment necessary for a team to be effective.
- Excellent communication skills with a proven ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
- Strong SAP background with skills in financial, scheduling, and materials planning is a must
- Broad management experience of both professional and hourly employees and experience with multi-shift configurations an advantage
- Has a strong sense of operating in a proactive manner driving themselves and their team towards key millstones and project initiatives.
- Has the strength of character to have difficult conversations with internal team members, and/or management when required.
- Prior experience with MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Word
- Strategic mind-set with quality decision making, while balancing risk.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.