Supervisor Sample Co-ordination
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Sample co-ordination services are applied to sample life-cycles for manufacturing and pilot batch samples, reference material and cell lines. Logistics include receipt, dispensing, registration, storage, distribution and disposal.
This role is to manage the standards of service provided and manage the team responsible for delivering the day-to-day logistics for the sample co-ordination services. Organisational skills are key. Experience in a logistics or materials management environment would be of benefit. This position requires the applicant to work occasional weekends when required, flexibility is essential.
- Lead, manage and develop the sample co-ordination team of five employees to assure effective operational performance in storing, dispensing, disposing and sending samples internally or globally where required
- Manage delivery of the sample life-cycle steps encompassing process fulfillment against established deadlines
- Act as the key contact for all departments and sites supplying or requiring sample and reference material storage and distribution
- Define and drive innovation of sample logistics across site
- Motivate the team to deliver high levels of right first time and adherence to compliance requirements
- Helps others to learn from experience, challenges the status quo, embraces change
- Seeks to understand the corporate strategy and business area
- Contributes to the company’s success
- Works as an active member of the team, generously shares information and knowledge with others
- Takes action to enhance customer satisfaction
- Contributes to a positive work environment
- Ensures quality standards are maintained while delivering results
- Takes responsibility for development and that of team members
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.