Head of Strategic Projects and PMO Bioscience Operations
United States, Walkersville (Maryland)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Head of Strategic Projects and PMO Bioscience Operations will coordinate and implement the technical strategic project pipeline in Bioscience operations including selected local initiatives and global projects. The role owner will drive the development and implementation of the Bioscience operations strategy process and implements an appropriate governance structure for the operations network. This person will lead specific strategic projects themselves as well as oversee the total of all key projects in the network to drive business results. He/she will act as representative in specific global initiatives.
- Responsible for coordination and implementation of global technical operations projects as well as local initiatives to drive mid to long-term impact on platform level.
- Drive strategy process together with network lead to transform the business goals into an operations strategy including definition of main projects, key performance indicators and reporting structure. Ensure alignment with key stakeholders in the business unit and in corporate functions.
- Implement and develop the Bioscience global operations governance incl. meeting structure and reporting.
- Drive harmonization and standard settings among the network
- Responsible to develop and lead execution of critical improvement projects which increase profitability and support the delivery of our growth strategy.
- Oversees global initiatives and ensures their correct prioritization at the site level. Drive or act as representatives in specific strategic initiatives
- Develops a global Capex strategy for the Bioscience network based on the general operations strategy
- Bachelor`s degree in a Scientific or Engineering discipline required; Advanced degree preferred
- Advanced experience within operations management and a Bioscience related industry
- Advanced knowledge in Project Management skills
- Excellent working knowledge of GMP regulations
- Proven leadership in a global network. Agile and pro-active relationship management in a matrix organization
- Fluent in written and spoken English. Other languages are an asset
- Proven record of accomplishment of successfully developing, overseeing and delivering x-functional strategic and improvement initiatives.
- Leadership and strong influence skills across all stakeholder groups
- Excellent analytical skills (problem structuring and problem solving), able to handle complex analyses
- Advanced knowledge in a multi-cultural environment
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability and urgency
- Maturity, confidence and high degree of emotional intelligence with demonstrated empathy and ability to influence others.
- Excellent communication skills: simplifying the complex, making the message /request clear, providing options/proposals, ability to focus on the purpose and outcome
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.