Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
As a Laboratory Equipment Maintenance Technician, you will be working across our three buildings to perform and coordinate routine laboratory equipment maintenance and checks, in addition to this, you will also be liaising between scientists, service providers and engineers. In this role, you will be interacting with engineering teams and external contractors to facilitate any maintenance and/or repair work.
Please note: This is not an engineering role.
- Completion of routine activities within the laboratory to maintain equipment in good service and compliant to local procedures and industry regulations – daily checks of labels, work orders for lab equipment (e.g. Freezers, speed vacs, water baths and HPLC’s)
- Responsibility for identifying issues and escalating when local solutions are not possible.
- To form a liaison point between scientists, service providers and the engineering department for breakdowns, preventative maintenance or calibration controls activities.
- Accountable for equipment stock and inventory management with Kanban approach.
- Partake in laboratory inspections taking responsibility for delivery of follow on actions.
- Assist the team with department equipment and facility changes.
- Previous experience working in GMP (Good Manufacturing Practice) environment within a maintenance capacity
- Previous experience working within pharmaceutical/biotech environment preferred but not essential
- Capable of troubleshooting and resolving issues quickly and effectively
- Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written)
- Some experience with calibration checks will be an advantage
- Strong organization skills
- Great attention to detail
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.