QC Scientist 1
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Act as a team member of the Quality Control department to support technology transfer, validation, and/or investigation projects. Subject Matter Expert for one or more disciplines. Technical writer of test methods, protocols, and reports. Acts as advisor to junior staff to meet schedules and/or resolve technical problems. Provides guidance to junior staff to achieve goals in accordance with established policies.
- Document writing for transfers/validations/investigations
- Perform assay work for transfers/validations/investigations
- Leads set up and verification of electronic equipment/templates/forms for transfers/validations
- Attending project team meetings
- Independently drive projects to on-time completion
- Other – such as leading OE initiatives, Improvements, hiring of staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor degree and/or Advanced Graduate degree (MS/PhD)
- Preferred area of study: Microbiology, Biochemistry or equivalent Science Field
- Preferred advanced years in a GMP/Professional environment
- Use of Microsoft Suites (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Use of Laboratory computerized systems such as plate readers and chromatography platforms
- Use of GMP Quality Systems such as: TrackWise
- Very strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Able to speak and convey messages and or information publicly.
- Makes quality decisions independently and also with guidance from Manager.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.