Manufacturing Process Engineer
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza’s Tampa, FL location is searching for an experienced Pharmaceutical Manufacturing Process Engineer to join our fast-paced Manufacturing team. As our Process Engineer, you will ensures that all GMP Manufacturing processes are designed and executed in a compliant and efficient manner. The Process Engineer is involved with the technical and regulatory aspects of all assigned projects from inception to completion. To be successful in this role, you will need a strong understanding of Oral Solid Dosage (OSD) unit operations and principles including Compression, Encapsulation, Granulation, Fluid Bed Drying, Roller Compaction, and Coating. This is a Monday – Friday role with day shift working hours.
- Provide technical support to multiple GMP Manufacturing processes and projects with strong understanding of relevant unit operations principles and functions (i.e. Granulation, Compression, Encapsulation, and Coating, etc.).
- Develop and technical transfer manufacturing processes in conjunction with internal Formulation Development group, client or combination thereof, to enhance and improve the manufacture of GMP drug products.
- Write Master Batch Records and review executed batch records.
- Write, review and approve Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), specifications, and other procedures as required.
- Recommend, specify and order GMP manufacturing equipment which includes setup, qualification, writing and execution of qualification protocols.
- Bachelor Degree in Science or Engineering related field.
- Significant experience with Oral Solid Dosage (OSD) and Manufacturing equipment used in making OSD.
- Significant experience with technical writing (batch records, SOPs, CAPAs, and investigations).
- Significant validation experience.
- Excellent communication skills (written and oral) with ability to influence people and outcomes.
- Self starter with ability to work in a deadline driven environment.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.