Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience is actively seeking an IT Manager to join our team in Walkersville, MD. The IT Manager is responsible for effective collaboration between IT and the business functions at the locations under their assignment. Ensure adequate, reliable and consistent IT services are delivered at the sites. Act as a key contact & escalation point towards site business leadership team for any IT related matters. Understand and support the site business leadership team objectives and align those with Lonza ’s technology roadmaps. Partner with the Operations Technology (OT) team at the site to ensure site IT operations run smoothly without any disruption to business. Prioritize site IT demands in collaboration with regional applications and infrastructure teams; as per agreed governance process. Co-work with Regional IT Security Officer to ensure IT security compliance.
- Accountable for the IT services at the site - Liaise with IT service delivery organization and Center of Excellence (CoE) leads to ensure IT service is delivered as per SLA to the site and continuous optimizing the site IT service efficiency.
- SPOC between local stakeholders and remaining IT organization – Single Point of Contact for any IT related topics at the site, Stakeholder facing role, establishment and management of expectations
- Gather input on site specific requirements - Capture and formalize site specific requirements that are beyond standard global IT service and organize service get adjusted to meet site requirements
- Ensure IT service SLAs meet site requirements – Review adherence to SLA by IT service delivery teams (systems availability, delivery of support, …) and provide visibility to site leadership team on SLA performance, gaps, remediation actions taken
- Ensure site follow defined IT processes and policies – As representative of IT at the site, ensure that site leadership team take the required actions to ensure employees at the site adhere to established IT processes and comply with IT policies
- Ensure site IT security compliance with global standard – co-work with regional IT security officer to reduce vulnerability. Promote the IT security awareness on the site.
- Coordinate demand for IT/OT services – capture specific demand for IT and OT services, plan and coordinate activities for delivery of required IT and OT services
- Technical Disaster Recovery – Responsible for development and periodic testing of the technical disaster recovery plan for the site. Responsibilities in this area also include periodic plan refreshes as changes occur in the business or IT service provisioning landscape
- Infrastructure Life Cycle Management – Responsible for life cycle management of IT infrastructure required for business operations conducted at the site. The process includes maintaining an inventory of IT assets and managing risks associated with aging components. A critical part of this process is developing and sponsoring annual capital projects for equipment requiring upgrades.
- Applications Repository Management – Ensure local applications are reported and maintained in IT Applications repository database
- Internal and Regulatory Audit – Prepare and represent the site as the IT lead on regulatory inspections and audits. In the event of audit findings prepare remediation plan to address those findings.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Working knowledge of IT infrastructure, corporate applications (SAP, Salesforce.com, Workday, Documentum), manufacturing systems, IT architecture, IT security, ITIL and IT governance
- Experience working in a Manufacturing environment (pharma/biotech manufacturing is a plus)
- Effective prioritization and project management skills
- Strong customer service ethic
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Strong team leadership skills
- Willingness to travel to other sites (i.e. Rockland, Durham, Wayne) as well as occasional international travel
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.