Process Engineering Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Process Engineering Lead manages successful completion of projects within boundaries of quality, time and budget supporting product manufacturing efforts. Based on significant technical expertise, reviews and approves complex design concepts. Manages and provides technical direction to reporting disciplined engineering staff members and external contracted engineering resources based upon significant technical expertise. Recognized as an expert by peers and other personnel within the business. Display a general understanding of theories/practices of a variety of engineering disciplines.
- Manages a variety of complex issues in associated departmental projects, provides guidance, direction to plans and schedules for project implementation.
- Responsible for defining scope of work for project team.
- Manages, identify, hires, develops and recognizes staff; the team may include senior level engineers and technicians. Provides technical direction as required.
- Leads the design new or improved equipment or process systems.
- Reviews and approves technical feasibility of complex design concepts and analysis of technologies that incorporate area of expertise as well as multiple disciplines.
- Reviews and analyzes proposals to determine if benefits derived and possible applications justify expenditures.
- Recommends proposals to management for consideration and allocation of funds.
- Responsible for preparation of project cost estimates up to multi-million dollar range. Monitors all project expenditures, cost and schedule tracking.
- Responsible for policy setting and defining procedures for the staff in accomplishing and documenting projects.
- Provides input on overall engineering department policy.
- Approves protocols, reports, support documentation (engineering change requests, GMP documentation) to secure project release, execution and closure.
- Bachelors - Engineering or other Scientific field
- Advanced Experience - Manufacturing - pharmaceutical
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Embraces a culture of sharing knowledge and training others.
- Strong ability to lead cross-functional teams
- Solid understanding of inter-department maintenance operations.
- Proficient at driving methods of change in achieving productivity improvement goals
- Mature business acumen demonstrated by understanding the role maintenance plays in Lonza’s asset management business model
- Solid knowledge of CMMS systems, preferably SAP Plant Maintenance module. Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, exposure to cGMP guiding work practices and principles
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.