Finance Supervisor (R2R)
Finance Supervisor (R2R)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Finance Supervisor (R2R) to join our R2R Team based at our SSC site in Manchester, UK.
As the successful candidate you will be responsible for leading a team within the R2R function which provides timely, accurate and compliant month end processes supporting the EMEA markets within Lonza. This will involve the discharge of Month End process and Balance Sheet Liability management. You will form close working relationships with site controllers and ensure adherence to established procedures, accounting principles and guidelines in order to maintain the organizations financial records.
- Responsible for the maintenance of financial systems to ensure completeness of statutory and group reporting for region, ensuring compliance with accounting principles/standards, relevant regulations and reporting requirements. You will be responsible for the delivery of the R2R taxonomy of services.
- Oversee Cost Centre reviews to ensure prepayments and accruals are appropriately accounted for and are appropriately managed. Oversee the performance and clearance of all reconciliation accounts, approving recurring journals, ensuring financial transactions are recorded and appropriately classified, including operating taxes.
- Drive compliance within a robust control framework and take responsibility for internal/external audit deliverables.
- Provide excellence service delivery and technical expertise to key stakeholder groups including market controllers, BSO management, peer groups, and external bodies.
- Provide supervision and development for a team of qualified/part qualified accountants (circa 4-6 FTE).
- Key contributor to the R2R management and SSC Extended Leadership Team to collectively deliver the finance vision.
- Support key change initiatives and drive through continuous improvement.
- Degree educated, ideally in a relevant subject.
- Experience of managing all the SSC delegated month-end close and financial management activities for a number of Lonza stakeholders;
- Ensuring that all tasks are completed in a timely and efficient manner;
- Overseeing costs and capex reporting;
- Experience of supporting multiple country/unit based market controllers, providing both a transactional and business partnering function to ensure a high quality R2R service is delivered;
- Robust experience of end to end R2R processes within a fast paced Shared Services Centre, covering:
Pre-payments and accruals
Balance sheet reconciliations;
Regulatory returns e.g. VAT
P&L + BS Variances
- Experience of liaising and working closely with internal and external auditors;
- In depth technical knowledge of IFRS;
- Experience of direct and indirect taxes;
- Change agent with experience of making strong contributions to continuous improvement initiatives;
- Has assisted with the migration of activities on the SSC and conversant with the production and sign off of detailed work instructions;
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience of managing a team.
- ICAEW qualified accountant (CIMA / ACCA/ACA) with good post qualification experience. In exceptional cases, it is sufficient to have extensive and relevant prior experience
- ERP (SAP) and advanced Excel skills (including vlook-ups and pivot tables)
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.