Analyst, Chemical Lab
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. The two companies will work closely on the design of the 17,000 m2 site, which will include 6,500 m2 of lab space and one KUBio facility. With more than 20 successful FDA approvals for biologics, combined with international regulatory expertise, Lonza will now be able to offer the same high standards in China as it does elsewhere. Lonza plans to hire and train a significant number of staff for this site.
- Understand the purpose of the assigned experiment, and perform efficiently the experimental plan to get the results in timely, accurate and detailed way.
- Analysis of bulk product, in-process, raw material or Water system according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
- Record, confirm, summarize and documentation the experimental protocol and results as required; Documentation of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Report timely the experimental issue to leader, and discuss the probable rooting cause and resolved measures.
- Involvement in method transfers and validation experiments.
- Involved in equipment qualification and technical selection of QC equipment and/or standards and reagents.
- General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, lab supplies ordering, management of glass wares, autoclaving etc.
- Experience in chemical analysis in pharmaceutical industry, good skilled in IR, HPLC, GC and so on.
- Bachelor degree above, major in biology, pharmacy and chemistry.
- Understanding and execution of spectroscopy, and other assigned methods which may include chromatography methods (HPLC), TOC, osmolality, appearance and other physiochemical methods.
- Understanding and execution of compendial monographs and the chemistry fundamentals behind methods. Technology/equipment may include IR, HPLC, GC, polarimetry, refractometry, density meters, titrations (manual and automatic), wet chemistry techniques
- Good communication skills
- Effective Communication
- Personal Orientation
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.