Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. The two companies will work closely on the design of the 17,000 m2 site, which will include 6,500 m2 of lab space and one KUBio facility. With more than 20 successful FDA approvals for biologics, combined with international regulatory expertise, Lonza will now be able to offer the same high standards in China as it does elsewhere. Lonza plans to hire and train a significant number of staff for this site.
- To support Sales and Program management in securing new business.
- Responsible for the translation of customer needs into project scope, timelines, costs (including CAPEX), quotations and pricing by coordinating and working with multiple technical, operational and commercial groups.
- Partner with sales to provide technical expertise in customer discussions on new business.
- Ensure good understanding of customer requests and technical project needs.
- Act as a consultant to help customers select the best possible services for their needs.
- Generate technical project strategies to assist the customer in achieving their CMC timelines through pre-clinical and commercialization.
- Sell the Lonza Value Proposition and proposal to the customer, including technical elements (not expected to be an SME).
- Accurately transcribe proposals into asset, resource and financial planning systems as appropriate.
- Connect with other sites and technologies as appropriate to ensure the whole Customer Product Lifecycle joins up into one plan.
- Work with operational groups and finance to ensure the planned and actual scope is as accurate as possible.
- Attend or lead new customer site meetings (some off sites meetings may also be required).
- With industry experience in a Pharmaceutical company with development, analytics and/or manufacture, with experience in clinical product development and commercialization of biopharmaceuticals.
- Bachelor degree above in Biotechnology, Biochemical Engineering, Biology or Biochemistry or related field preferred
- Customer facing experience.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple, scientific projects and make sound scientific and regulatory interpretations and judgments.
- Strong project coordination and management skills.
- Strong interpersonal, supervisory and communication skills appropriate to a matrix environment.
- Ability to identify creative commercial, workable solutions.
- Strong team Player.
- Diplomacy, negotiation skills, independent work skills, strong team work skills, strong work ethic.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, pressured environment.
- Self-driven, strong team player, innovative and entrepreneurial spirit, strong communicator, customer focused, can-do-attitude, good IT skills
- Proficient in both written and spoken Mandarin and English Languages
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.