Scientific Support Specialist - French speaking
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Cologne site develops, manufactures and markets a comprehensive product portfolio of life-science research tools around cultured cells, including non-viral gene transfer products for primary cells and hard-to-transfect cell lines. To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Scientific Support Officer to work with our French speaking customer. As a scientific support specialist you provide scientific support to customers and field personnel regarding all aspects of Lonza Research Solution products and technologies
- Provides technical product information to customers and sales representatives by telephone, email and fax.
- Addresses customer complaints by writing PR’s, working with Product Managers and Quality Control on product testing, and contacting customer with follow up information.
- Maintains computer log of incoming calls, emails and complaints
- Contacts the appropriate sales representatives with specific customer issues.
- Maintains department files and documentation.
- Participates in product group meetings to keep group informed of complaint trends.
- Participates in workshops and seminars and attends trade shows to address customer inquiries.
- Provides troubleshooting assistance as needed.
- Reviews and develops literature.
- Develops training material for department and sales representatives.
- Assists Manager and Sr. Specialists with projects as required.
- PhD in life sciences with a strong background in cell culture and transfection, general working knowledge of molecular biology
- A previous experience in life sciences industry a plus
- Experience in technical and customer support preferred
- Excellent French and English skills required, additional languages a plus
- Ability to work on abstract problems across functional areas of the business
- Working knowledge of MS Office, Experience with CRM databases, SAP preferred
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and strong problem solving skills
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.