Powdersize - Shift Supervisor (Nightshift)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Shift Supervisor (Nightshift) is responsible for supervising the day-to-day activities of a team of operators to ensure that manufacturing operations run according to established production specifications and schedules; while maintaining quality standards in accordance with good manufacturing practices at all times. The Quakertown facility serves as Lonza’s US Center of Excellence for particle size reduction and control services for biopharmaceutical drug substances and excipients.
- Provides work direction and leadership to teams members to ensure they comply with processes, procedures and directions while completing all activities in the production areas.
- Manages the operations of all processing systems. On occasion may operate the systems.
- Advanced understanding of the effects of CCP’s (Feed rate/mill pressure) and the affect that they have on products.
- Able to read and comprehend quality control results and act on them as appropriate.
- Monitors and adjusts processing systems to manage product quality.
- Make decisions on product related issues based on acquired in-depth knowledge and experience
- Performs routine inspections of all production equipment for cleanliness, correct assembly and functionality.
- Plans/reviews production schedule, reviews batch records and deviations.
- Responsible for creation of work orders and deviations.
- Provides instruction to support technical and GMP training and all other related training.
- Communicates with key stakeholders such as next shift supervisors, QA, PM team and other related functions.
- Identifies problems; troubleshoots and completes any corrective action required.
- Assists in receiving and shipping of bulk material and corresponding documentation as required.
- Maintains accurate documentation of all activities as delineated within facility SOP’s
- Completes requisitions for labels and other supplies as needed for production.
- Leads projects as required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or Scientific Discipline preferred
- Advanced experience in a regulated manufacturing environment
- Good knowledge of Biopharma processes and GMP
- Leadership experience
- Computer Software Skills, organization and record keeping.
- Training skills, time management, facilitation skills.
- Problem solving with a strong sense of purpose and urgency.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.