Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Due to continued growth here at Lonza (Geleen); we have an exciting opening for a Biotech Associate to join us on a full-time basis. In this role you will be responsible for the manufacturing (cell- and tissue culturing) of cell therapy products in accordance with GMP (good manufacturing practice) regulations. You will be required to be flexible with working hours and weekends as this role can include shift work depending on the project that you are assigned to. Training is provided; although a MLO degree All-round Laborant or Biologisch-medisch analyst is essential to become a Bio-technologist.
- Carrying out all tissue culture activities for cell therapy, from starting material to final product, according to relevant procedures
- Carrying out associated duties e.g. required cleaning of production areas, assisting in (re)qualification of equipment, and logistic activities
- Reporting and reviewing of all required process steps in approved batch records
- Participate in the follow up of deviations, CAPA’s and Changes
- Generating and revising of manufacturing procedures
- MLO All-round Laborant or Biologisch-medisch analyst
- Experience with cell and/or tissue- culturing
- GMP experience is a big plus
- Able to work in flexible working shifts in a fast-paced environment
- Team player, good communication skills, hands-on approach
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.