Manager of OT and Automation
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Manager of OT (Operational Technology) and Automation will support ongoing Lonza operations through technical assistance as it relates to Automation Systems and Manufacturing Execution Systems and Operations Technology. He/She will be responsible for ensuring that all operational technology is appropriately validated, updated, and in place. Manages a small team to update and oversee all OT systems on site. This position is also responsible for electronic data integrity for the OT systems. Manage technical resources supporting operations across the Hayward site. Provides strategic support to the business for development and compliance. Develop and maintain strategic roadmap for Automation and OT, including upgrades, data integrity and obsolescence.
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Assist group managers, supervisors, leads with prioritization of work, resource loading and goal establishment and attainment
- Develop and provide technical knowledge on manufacturing equipment and processes to Engineers as well as Manufacturing.
- Participates in audits and inspections as an Engineering and Automation SME and supports QA in development of regulatory and customer audit responses
- Manages a team to oversee all OT and automation systems on site. This includes, but is not limited to, Empower, LIMS, MODA, C-Cure, OSI-PI, Allen Bradley, AKTA Systems, FMS, BAS, and Delta V etc.
- Updates specifications in systems such as LIMS, MODA, OSI-PI, etc., as required.
- Maintains current working knowledge of data integrity and updates the entire site on the requirements as they relate to OT and electronic systems.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills:
- BS in Engineering or Computer Science Discipline - Preferred area of study: Chemical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering or Computer Science. Master’s degree in Business or Engineering Management desired
- Advanced years of pharma/biotech experience (or equivalent)
- Experience in the design and operation of process control systems, instrumentation and MES for Biopharmaceutical facilities, both manufacturing and support systems.
- Project management and coordination experience associated with the execution of capital projects in an industrial environment in required.
- Practical experience in the management and coordination of engineering and construction management consultants, equipment vendors and contractors is required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.