Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Printing & Finishing Engineer’s position will provide engineering, technical, and process support. This position will focus on necessary initiatives and projects to improve process reliability and quality. A focus will also be necessary that challenges the historical print methodology enabling breakthrough improvements.
- Must be able to work in a team environment and effectively exhibit managerial courage.
- Proven performance in the area of Innovation and TQM/Reengineering is highly desired
- Experience in gravure printing, inks, process control, troubleshooting, air conditioning, film drying, and statistical control is desirable
- Knowledge of visual inspections or fully automated machines
- Proven experience in project management is essential
- Demonstrated project leadership experience. This includes identification, development and implementation while adhering to time and budget constraints.
- Demonstrated commitment to tasks and adaptability to changes or demands.
- Travel may be required
- Required to maintain a portfolio of cost saving/process improvement projects which will consist of (a) active projects, (b) projects in the pipeline, and (c) projects at conceptual stage
- Participate and/or lead Root Cause Corrective Action activities to permanently eliminate defects
- Responsible for working with various groups (e.g. customers, tech service, quality, production, maintenance) to resolve quality and production issues
- Generate technical work instructions and SOP’s (Standard Operating Procedures) that will serve as a platform to train manufacturing colleagues
- Participate in Site Environmental efforts/projects and special plant safety activities as needed
- BS in Engineering with 2-4 years engineering experience in a manufacturing, preferably a pharmaceutical, environment or other closely related industry
- Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
- Ability to make decisions under time constraints
- Demonstrated proficiency using Microsoft Suite
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking and presentation experience
- Ability to make sound business decisions in dynamic work environment.
- Proven track record implementing continuous improvement initiatives
- Experience working in FDA (Food and Drug Administration) regulated environment is preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.