Technologist 1 (Monday-Friday)
You will be required to provide flexible laboratory-based practical expertise within the Purification Development department.
During busy periods and after appropriate training you would undertake short-term secondments to other departments within Process Development (e.g. Cell Culture Development and Process Analytics).
The purpose of this position it to develop expert technical knowledge and flawless execution across a range of activities within Purification Development.
- To complete experimental tasks to a high quality standard as directed by the allocated senior scientist
- Preparation of buffers and solutions
- Sample receipt, storage and distribution
- Set up and operation of small-scale chromatography based purification systems
- Set up and operation of small-scale ultrafiltration and dead-end filtration systems
- Execution of standard chromatography experiments
- Performing sample stability studies
- Submitting samples for analysis
- It is expected that the technologist 1 will be able to recognize anomalies in the execution of the lab activities and data and report them to the lead scientist
- Ensure a safe working environment and operate in a safe manner at all times. Observe regulatory and safety compliance in the laboratory
- Previous laboratory and technical experience gained during degree or gained during previous work experience
- BSc Biological Sciences, Biotechnology or BEng Biochemical/Chemical Engineering
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.