Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience in Walkersville, MD is actively seeking a Supply Manager to join our Supply Chain and Program Management team. This individual will be responsible for the successful execution of the supply plan while maintaining appropriate levels of inventory. The Supply Manager is critical in ensuring on time and in full deliveries to our customers.
- Production planning & order fulfilment:
- Manage the mid-term capacity, timely escalate current and future supply constraints, manage the promising process
- Establish the short term production schedule in order to meet the customer and business requirements
- Execute the order fulfilment on time, in full, in compliance and with the correct quality
- Closely follow the service levels and adjust the internal processes where required
- Sales & Operation Planning:
- Coordinate the mid-term supply for the site based on forecasted demand and target inventory
- Closely work with the global S&OP team and support the network optimization
- Closely follow up demand, supply and inventory trends and escalate where required
- Guard the local or regional inventory health and escalate where required
- Raw material planning & supply:
- Calculate and implement the proper replenishment models for raw materials
- Execute MRP in order to assure the production schedule, fulfil customer orders, correct stock levels while reducing the risk for discards
- In close collaboration with procurement and global supply chain, determine the sourcing strategy in order to optimize cost and assure security of supply
- Support full compliance in the sourcing of raw materials, intermediates or finished goods
- Execution of the monthly outlook revenue number for the month, and escalation where required
- Managing and supporting a team of Material Planners, Schedulers, Operational Buyers and Order Fulfillment Analysts
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or Life Sciences discipline; Master’s degree preferred
- Significant experience in Supply Chain (Production, Planning, Procurement) in a Manufacturing environment
- Significant experience successfully managing a team of direct reports
- Data driven person
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and SAP. Visio and PowerPoint a plus.
- Encourages open communication to achieve mutual understanding
- Seeks continuous improvement in processes
- Able to write clearly and concisely
- Highly motivated and maximizes opportunities to surmount obstacles
- Responds to changes and challenges in an agile fashion
- Maintains a mature attitude in all situations and demonstrates self-control
- Receptive to new ideas
- Collaborates effectively with departments throughout the business to ensure cooperation
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.