IT Solutions Architect
United Kingdom, Slough
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This role function sits within the IT department serving as a technical expert across the Infrastructure field. As a member of the EMEA Infrastructure team, based in UK, the role provides support across the region and the UK sites, but mainly for the Slough location.
The role is broadly split between providing day to day operational third-level support for existing infrastructure services, and project based work leading to the development and deployment of new or upgraded infrastructure services. The Documentation associated with Change Management, System Documentation and Standard Operating Procedures is also be a key feature of this role.
- Responsible for the IT infrastructure at the sites – Maintain and support local infrastructure systems for UK sites (servers, storage and network systems); ensuring proper documentation of assets, change control process is being followed and operating procedures are in place. The technical environment in scope includes:
- Cisco Local Area network and WIFI
- NetApp storage systems
- VWMare virtual hosts
- Windows-based physical and virtual servers
- Responsible for IT server rooms – Maintain local IT server rooms at the sites; this includes authority for access control to server rooms and operating conditions
- Provide local support for MPLS services – assist MPLS service provider and central infrastructure team with upgrade and periodic testing.
- Infrastructure Life Cycle Management – Responsible for life cycle management of IT infrastructure required for business operations conducted at the site. The process includes maintaining an inventory of IT assets and managing risks associated with aging components. A critical part of this process is developing and sponsoring annual capital projects for equipment requiring upgrades.
- Degree in Computer Science/Computing
- Able to work independently and make educated decisions to provide quick solutions to problems
- Ability to prioritize and quickly resolve issues
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Effective prioritization and project management skills
- Ability to anticipate risks and devise solutions in the moment
- Deep technical infrastructure knowledge
- Understand ITIL model and metrics for Service Delivery
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.