Regional Sales Manager Ingredients, APAC region
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
This is a Leadership role reporting to Head of Sales, APAC & can be based at Singapore / Japan / Thailand ( Depending on the applicant's present position ) & will handle Lonza’s nutrition portfolio products and ingredients and will contribute towards global strategy with close alignment with US & EMEA markets & to deliver on budgeted sales number for ingredients for the region along with Receivables.
- Responsible for Sales and Receivables for APAC region for Nutrition Ingredients segment (markets include, China, South East Asia, Japan and India)
- Must understand / analyse changing trends in nutrition industry and adapt to an evolving business environment for APAC markets; responsible to develop a strategy, long term plan and action for driving the growth for ingredients
- Responsible for sales both for local and regulated market customers based in region
- Handle Key and Potential accounts and devise and implement effective strategies both for sales & promotion
- Ability to handle new product introductions, technical discussion on nutrition portfolio.
- Should be capable of trouble-shooting and providing solutions to complex problems
- Responsible for identifying local market trends, assessing market potential and developing strategies to grow Lonza’s market share for APAC region
- Build a bridge with US & EMEA region and integrate strategy for the region
- Proven track record of managing relationships with both business partners and customers.
- Responsible for identifying and developing business opportunities and markets in the defined geographies.
- Provide a long term perspective to the Sales Operations strategies to improve customer service and provide an unmatched brand image translating to business development and market share
- Business planning, forecasting & analysis for assessing market potential of business opportunities for the business.
- Negotiating prices and quantities and assuring that agreements are respected
- Participating in product development cycles and the enlargement of marketing related product information by giving the customer concrete and specific information
- Following the evolution of markets; implementing, in close collaboration with the Key Accounts Sales Manager, commercial strategies and appropriate actions towards the customers
- Substantial years of experience in Sales & marketing with B2B experience within the nutrition portfolio
- Education : Bachelors / Masters
Key Stakeholders : 1) Internal sales team within the region, BD, marketing, customer service team 2) Internal cross functional teams across the US & EMEA market, BD, Marketing, customer service, Operations 3) Customers, international stakeholders (internal and external)
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.