MSAT Head Drug Product
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For Drug Product Services (DPS), our successful Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization (CDMO) branch, located in Basel, Switzerland and Stein, Switzerland, we have exciting opportunities. Become part of a group that enables its customers to meet some of the greatest challenges in patient treatment and join us by applying for the position as MSAT Head Drug Product.
- Lead team of MSAT Experts tasked with technology transfers (process implementation and transfer) as well as timely process implementation at the manufacturing site
- Manage MSAT team with full responsibility for all aspects of human resource management and act as deputy of the Head Drug Product Operations Stein
- Ensure effective use of resources (time, personnel, equipment, material, rooms), enable innovation and technical strategy projects and drive continuous improvement
- Oversee manufacturing related processes at the site and proactively anticipate, evaluate and resolve technical challenges
- Conduct complex product and process related investigations and deviations including complaints actions
- Use scientific and statistical knowledge to analyze data to provide process understanding, and to identify root causes of product and process failures.
- Support Head DP Operations in developing, prioritizing and achieving goals with respect to the overall goals of Lonza and Drug Product Services
- Represent the facility during regulatory inspections and customer audits and participates in customer visits and presentations
- Collaborate with the functions in the facility and across Drug Product Services with tech transfer, process development, product analytical development
- University degree in Pharmaceutical Technology, Chemistry, Process Engineering or equivalent
- Proven process understanding in Sterile Manufacturing (Pharma, regulatory aspects)
- Very good communication and interaction skills with various interfaces among customers and the project organization
- Experience in leading cross-functional project teams
- Ability to effectively prioritize and direct tasks in a fast-paced environment is critical
- Good knowledge of computerized systems like MES and SAP
- Fluency in English and German
- Green belt certification preferred
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.