Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Formulations Scientist supports Product Development in developing liquid nutritional supplements. This position requires close customer contact and must be able to balance commercial opportunity with scientific expertise in all aspects of formulation. Formulate work plans and conduct problem solving on complex chemical development/production projects.
- Plan and prepare formulation trials for pharmaceutical and dietary supplement customers
- Analyze data, document the results and enter data into global formulation database
- Coordinate customer communications and status updates on test analyses, studies, etc
- Organize and conduct routine lab experiments
- Prepare reports for statistical analysis
- Regularly archive samples and document testing results
- Maintain accurate and precise records
- Coordinate lab activities on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Develop new procedures and techniques within established laboratory guidelines
- Responsible for reporting problems and potential problems that may adversely affect the operation of the Licaps Laboratory to the department manager
- Insure good housekeeping is maintained in the laboratory
- Care for and calibrate the equipment and reactive media
- Conduct all activities in a safe and professional manner adhering to Capsugel and department policies, procedures, SOI’s, GLP’s, GCP’s, and GMP’s
- Purchase necessary laboratory supplies
- Review and archive the supplier receipts for traceability purposes
- Evaluate new suppliers and validate them annually
- Strive for continuous group improvement in order to better understand the problems and to improve the activities of the lab
- Bachelors, Masters, or PhD in Chemistry, Food Science, Natural Medicine, or similar discipline
- Must have a good working knowledge of GMPs, FDA, and other regulations pertaining to the dietary supplement industries
- Must have good communication skills both verbal and written and must have proficient computer skills
- Experience in formulation in the dietary supplement industry
- Formulation experience with liquids
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.