Scientist - Media R&D
Scientist - Media R&D
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Scientist - Media R&D to join our R&D team based at our manufacturing site in Slough, UK. The successful candidate will be responsible for executing Research & Technology activities related to CHO media development.
- Working closely with the Head, Media R&D Slough; plans and prioritizes tasks and assignments in a work program
- Design, develop and optimize bioprocess cell culture media for biologically active proteins, monoclonal antibodies and biosimilars
- Executes experimental plans, analyse experimental data, writes technical reports
- Is responsible for ensuring that studies are scientifically sound and in line with current regulatory guidance and expectations
- Contribute scientific expertise and propose new ideas and product concepts targeting the research market, drawn from scientific literature and personal experience
- Ensures GLP and EHS regulations are followed
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSc/MSc (or equivalent) with some experience in Industry
- Experience with CHO cell culture, cell line development
- Ambr15, Ambr250 and STR bioreactors is advantageous
- Good understanding of upstream processes, including fed-batch and perfusion cultures
- Knowledgeable in the current best practices for developing cell culture media including metabolomics, cell biology, biochemistry, metabolic flux analysis
- Technological background in mammalian cell line development and cell culture process development
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, time management, organizational and written/ oral communication skills are highly desirable
- Previous experience working in cross-matrixed/functional teams and ability to work on complex effectively and collaboratively in a matrixed environment is an asset
- Ability to successfully complete complex projects will be viewed favorably
- Inventiveness, enthusiasm, motivation, and problem solving skills to develop new technical capabilities and solve challenging problems are assets.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.