Senior Human Resources Business Partner
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza Bioscience has a new open position for a Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Walkersville, MD. This individual will support the Bioscience Commercial and other Bioscience client groups as well as the Corporate Functions teams at the Morristown, NJ site. Additionally, will have responsibility to provide functional leadership and drive consistency with regard to human resources practices/programs. This will include implementing and coordinating change initiatives to support organizational effectiveness within the business segment.
- Provide business support on a variety of Human Resources (HR) related topics to the departments / managers assigned. Key areas of expertise: employee development, performance management, talent management and succession planning, facilitation, assessment and recommendations regarding policies and practices.
- Facilitate implementation and execution of Human Resource policies, initiatives, process and programs.
- Work with managers to develop and understand staffing requirements and human resources plans.
- Provide coaching to managers and supervisors regarding performance, discipline and other related matters.
- Deal with employee relations issues and investigations and provide guidance to other team members.
- Develop and deliver training in key areas of HR responsibility including, but not limited to anti-harassment training, interview training and supervisory training.
- Independently manages senior level projects or issues that involve HR
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, Organizational Development, or Psychology.
- SHRM Certification a plus.
- Significant experience in the biotechnology/pharmaceutical industry in an Human Resources Business Partner role.
- Significant knowledge of HR compliance related issues such as ADA, EEO and Affirmative Action. Including general knowledge of state and local employment laws.
- Significant experience working in a fast-paced oriented role with strong attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Strong communication skills that are accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.