Senior Manager, Remote Sales North America
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Manager, Remote Sales North America will manage the North America Remote Sales team with individuals focusing on three distinct segments: CGT, Discovery, and Testing. Responsible to deliver target profit and revenue for their region. Actively leads their team, defines and manages sales representatives’ activities (KPIs) and coaches the development of the desired sales competencies to meet their profit and revenue goals. Works with the Regional Segment Sales Managers to define and implement sales strategy.
- Delivers on monthly and annual sales targets.
- Develops, implements, monitors, and manages sales strategies for their team.
- Coordinates with Regional Segment Sales Managers and Regional Directors to organize and implement sales programs for their team and ensure harmonization between sales teams with a strong emphasis on driving pipeline-building activities.
- Plans and is responsible for achieving sales objectives for their region.
- Defines and manages individual activity goals and KPIs relevant to achieving target profit and revenue.
- Develops individual competencies relevant to their ability to achieve commercial success.
- Defines the timing, criteria, and coordination of account transitioning from Remote Sales to Field Sales.
- Monitors customer preferences/trends to determine focus of sales efforts.
- Trains, develops, and mentors sales representatives within their team.
- Manages an annual sales forecast detailing the expected revenue goal of their team.
- Utilizes CRM to manage sales pipeline for team.
- Coordinates budgets, forecasts, and reports.
- Oversees the handling of key accounts.
- Participates in the planning and formation of Lonza marketing and sales strategies.
- Possesses the ability to work autonomously from a home-based office as well as contribute to overall team performance
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life sciences, preferred fields of study: Cell Biology, Microbiology, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry; Master`s degree or MBA preferred
- Significant experience in comparable Sales / Business Development role within life sciences industry.
- Proven track record of leading a dedicated, preferably Inside / Remote Sales team
- Core people management skills (activity management, competency development, problem resolution, etc.).
- Core selling skills (prospecting, funnel management, closing, etc.), including creating customer value, consultative selling, technical selling, and effective sales presentation.
- Knowledge and experience in drug discovery, drug manufacturing/QC, Cell & Gene Therapy, and the biotech/biopharma industry.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office and CRM.
- Interpersonal skills and comfort with public speaking in front of small groups.
- Communicate effectively and collaborate successfully within own team as well as cross-functionally.
- Effective listening skills, independent and self-directed, team-oriented, strong work ethic
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.