Senior Manager, Commercial Modeling and Strategic Proposals
United States, Houston (Texas)
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Reporting to the Head of Customer Proposals, the role of the Senior Manager, Commercial Modeling and Strategic Proposals is to evaluate new strategic client opportunities following an established proposal process and prepare tailored proposals meeting client’s needs leading to acquisition of strategic projects. Additionally responsible for delivering high quality proposals with the goal to acquire new customers and projects leading to achieving revenue targets and continues growth of Cell and Gene Therapy business.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Overall accountability for creation of “fit for purpose” proposals that: meet customers’ needs, are supported by and aligned with operations to maximize Lonza’s chance of winning selected highly profitable and strategic projects.
- Lead the proposal process and work closely with Business Development and Account Management to understand client needs and progress opportunities through the proposal process.
- Develop detail operational models to determine costing for strategic deals
- Develops operational and commercial models in collaboration with Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) with the aim to propose a setup resulting in commercially viable cell therapies.
- Defines scope based on information from subject matter experts, agrees tailored offering and determines cost for proposed scope.
- Drafts well-structured proposals reflecting a tailored offering matching client’s needs and provides proposal for review to commercial development.
- As part of the evaluation process Proposal Manager defines the evaluation team consisting of BD/AM, CD, SME and sets timeline for delivery of proposal to client.
- Schedules internal meetings to align team and assure collection of critical information needed for delivery of a competitive proposal.
- Aims to meet timelines for delivery of proposals and constantly improve quality of proposals by implementing feedback from BD/AM.
- Safety Responsibility - Is knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Master’s/PhD Degree with commercial or scientific focus. MBA is considered a plus.
- Extensive contracts administration and project management experience required.
- Advanced working experience in regulated biotech/pharma industry within in a project management capacity.
- Position requires understanding of financial terms and concepts
- Experience working in a Contract Manufacturing Organization highly preferred
- Has a solid understanding of manufacturing concepts as they relate to Cell and Gene Therapies.
- Ability to develop detailed operational models in collaboration with subject matter experts such as process development, operations, quality assurance and others.
- Must have a solid commercial understanding of costing and pricing of contracts.
- High attention to detail; self-motivation with strong organization, communication (written and verbal) and computer skills (expertise with MS Project, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word).
- Diplomacy, negotiation skills, independent work skills, strong work ethic.
- Demonstrated leadership managing people across the organization
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Ability to listen and understand customer needs
- This job requires flexibility to work non-standard hours before or after typical workday and some weekends as required. 30%-40% Travel Required
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.