S2P Operational Excellence Specialist
Operational Excellence Specialist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a S2P Operational Excellence Specialist to join our Source to Pay function based at our Shared Service Centre in Manchester, UK.
The successful candidate will be result and data driven professional with deep expertise and extensive experience in the Source-to-Pay Area and a strong continuous improvement background. This position will focus on the End-to-End process across businesses and also to a large extent across geographies. They will lead and drive broad change in systems and processes to improve process efficiency and effectiveness, enhancing the internal and external customer experience.
- Act as a key member for global and high impact strategic projects driven by the Global Process Owner organization
- Influence and work across functions with the Procurement organization on the End to End Source to Pay process through effective stakeholder management
- Build strong relationships with key stakeholders across functions ensuring cross collaboration to deliver the best solutions
- Identify and support process re-engineering and continuous improvement initiatives in Accounts Payable processes in the respective Shared Service Center
- Analyse data and identify opportunities, create hypotheses, and once validated manage the change process to ensure they are deployed with minimal disruption
- Leverage existing tools to manage the continuous improvement process efficiently
- Drive culture of continuous improvement through best practice sharing and visible hands-on leadership
- Ensure appropriate and relevant controls are applied with S2P process stream, continuously monitor control requirements and drive appropriate control gap resolution
- Create and maintain S2P process documentation, ensure Global process adherence and control of process deviations
- Provide trainings to users in area of expertise
- Develop and provide right metrics to measure process quality and productivity for initiated key initiatives; provide meaningful feedback to key stakeholders
- Manage and drive smaller projects and initiatives and to function as subject matter expert within larger programs
- Accounting / Finance / Economics or other relevant degree
- Second European language German preferred
- Lean 6 Sigma certification would be preferred
- Extensive Financial Accounting, Management Accounting and Source to Pay (across Procurement and Accounts Payable) experience
- Strong functional expertise and understanding/interest in end-to-end business processes
- Strong S2P tools knowledge (SAP, Ariba)
- Strong analytic skills and tools knowledge (Reporting cubes [i.e. Power BI], Excel)
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Ability to structure complex action plans that account for the end to end dependencies of their specialist process.
- Ability to create and conduct presentations and trainings effectively
- Strong decision making abilities
- Skilled and experienced in dealing with senior business managers
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal
- Hands-on approach, self-starter mentality
- Strong service orientation
- Good interpersonal skills and positive attitude
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- Must be a team player and able to work with and through others
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.