Data Process Specialist (MSAT)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is looking for an experienced Data Process Specialist to join our Manufacturing Science and Technology (MSAT) team. As our Data Process Specialist, you will be responsible for locating, collecting, and manually entering and verifying batch record data into a GMP database. The Data Process Specialist must ensure the highest level of data quality as well as data availability to internal and external data consumers. Our Data Process Specialist will work with the Manufacturing Teams to understand the process, its flow and unique steps such that you can manually transcribe and verify the data that characterizes and defines the process itself. The Data Process Specialist’s primary responsibility is transcribing data into Global Data Mart (GDM) in support of the MSAT team, the Data Science and Analytics team and Investigation teams thereby supporting the critical successive steps essential to Lonza's local as well global process monitoring and reporting operations.
*This role works Sunday – Thursday day shift*
- Collection, verification, and management of process data.
- Enter and verify large amounts of scientific data accurately and consistently from process Batch Records.
- Work to ensure clear and concise procedures are developed to ensure high quality data.
- Ability to focus on the task for long periods with extremely high level of attention to detail is essential.
- Works with MSAT, QA, Manufacturing and operations technologies teams to support data collection, virtualization and integration.
- As a member of the MSAT team working on site you will also support departmental tasks and activities for some parts of the key MSAT tech transfer activities as required.
- Bachelor degree in Life Sciences (Statistics or Data Sciences may be advantageous). The ideal candidate will have a background in Biology and or Bioprocessing systems.
- Demonstrated understanding of related industrial or biopharmaceutical manufacturing processes. High level understanding of data analysis via “standard” methods (e.g. Regression Analysis, Clustering Analysis, Dimensionality Reduction Analysis) with basic understanding of ML/AI. Knowledge of analytical and visualization software a plus as well.
- Working experience in data collection and management.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.