Head of Manufacturing
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic bio manufacturing base in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market. You will have overall responsibility over Manufacturing at the site. You will be a member of the Site Leadership team and reports solid line into Site Head, Guangzhou. In the start-up phase of the project, your role plays a critical part in establishing the site, its operations, procedures, policies and practices in full compliance and consistency with Lonza’s global standards. Upon completion of the project phase, the role will assumes accountability of Manufacturing.
- Support the establishment of a fully-fledged Manufacturing set-up
- Manage the Manufacturing Department at the facility
- Ensure safe and environmentally compliant operations
- Ensure that the Manufacturing group are managed in accordance with schedule, budget, safety requirements and current Good manufacturing Practices (cGMP)
- Ensure Production Support Teams effectively support Manufacturing group at site
- Ensure the following:
- Provision of resources(Personnel/Facilities) to meet manufacturing schedules
- Prioritize work/projects to ensure that critical activities occur in a timely manner.
- Ensure that all personnel receive appropriate Good Manufacturing Practices and safety training
- Ensure that facilities and equipment are maintained in good working order and high standards of housekeeping are maintained throughout Manufacturing areas
- Ensure that direct reports and their staff are motivated, enthusiastic, committed and encouraged to work in a team environment.
- Ensure that revenue generating activities occur in a timely manner and meet that agreed through Sales and operation Planning. Ensure plant capacity is called to meet Sales demand.
- Participate in customer and regulatory audits. Identify areas requiring improvement
- Ensure that initiatives are in place to maximize operational process efficiencies and improvements. Ensure resources (people, training, techniques) are available to deliver operational excellence in key areas.
- Ensuring cross functional coordination of the operations team with all other functional teams
- Extensive experience in both Pharmaceutical Biologics commercial manufacturing as well as clinical development/Cell line construction
- Adapts to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a fast paced environment is crucial
- Anticipates and resolves challenges through understanding company-specific standards and ways of working (Quality, SoPs, processes, who to ask, where to look)
- Learns from successes/failures, and applies lessons to new technical and interpersonal situations
- Strong ability to understand and operate in multi-Cultural environment (local and international) as well as ability to work collaboratively within a matrix environment
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.