Strategic Buyer (Direct)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Strategic Buyer to join us here at Lonza, on a full time permanent basis.
- Support Central Category manager with category strategy development (e.g. provide site current and future business needs)
- Support implementation and execution of category strategies at site level
- Support the execution of sourcing initiatives for delegated spend across assigned sites.
- Provide purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Support global & regional sourcing efforts
- Support the roll-out of new procurement policies/procedures and tools
- Support the optimization of transactional costs & efficiency of procurement activities (e.g. automation rates)
- Support standardization of specifications across sites and regions
- Track country savings performance and identify potential savings, risks & opportunities
- Drive utilization of on-line catalogues, E-Auctions and other leading edge sourcing tools
- Customer service mindset and ability to manage several priorities simultaneously
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn new skill sets
- Experience and knowledge of both Operational Procurement and Strategic Buying/Category
- Purchasing expertise in tendering, negotiation tactics, planning and contracting
- Third party spend management
- Able to persuade and influence suppliers to achieve best outcome for Lonza
- Hands on experience of using SAP ERP and SAP Ariba (strategic Buyer indirects only) in a
- purchasing/procurement role
- Hands on experience of using Microsoft Office
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.