Sr Maintenance Technician
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Sr. Maintenance Technician - Under limited supervision, perform maintenance, preventive maintenance and upkeep of Plant site manufacturing, operates and repairs critical systems and facilities equipment. Repair, overhaul and perform preventive maintenance on Plant equipment to include, but not limited to, process based Biologics manufacturing, critical systems water, steam, compressed air systems, clean/Plant steam systems and Plant infrastructure support systems and equipment. Positional responsibilities include gas welding, operating diagnostic equipment and instrumentation, use technical measuring devices, read and interpret electrical, pneumatic, hydraulic control systems schematics / blueprints.
- Performs breakdown and preventive maintenance of critical plant equipment on a regular basis to include, but not limited to, tanks, mixers, process chillers, HVAC air handlers, central chillers, pumps and equipment and industrial control systems as responsibilities assigned to Facilities maintenance in both cGMP and non-cGMP areas.
- Responsible for repairing standby electrical generator systems, lower and normal temperature cold storage equipment, building automation system components, mechanical and electrical equipment as assigned.
- Will provide troubleshooting, diagnostic, and repair equipment and equipment components related to positional responsibilities which includes, but not limited to: pumps, piping, and plumbing components; electrical controls, compressors, vacuum pumps, sanitary piping, blowers, and facility equipment.
- Operates, performs operational equipment checks of Critical Systems equipment to include plant and clean steam boilers, compendial water treatment equipment and systems, compendial compressed air systems and waste water treatment equipment
- High School Diploma, A.A./A.S. technical discipline. Journeyman skilled craft training/apprenticeship certificate, documented military training or commensurate combination of technical education and experience.
- Intermediate maintenance experience at journeyman level in pharmaceutical manufacturing environment.
- Licenses or Certifications
- US EPA Universal certificate preferred.
- Proficiency with typical business software applications such as MS Word, Excel required. Enterprise Management software such as JDE or SAP CMMS. Knowledge, ability to interface with Siemens Apogee or similar building automation systems. Knowledge, familiarity with internet based purchasing and training software.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.