Research Associate III
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The position will provide technical support to Lead Scientists in conducting analytical tests for the evaluation of cellular products and in support of process development activities. Will conduct and execute complex scientific experiments and interprets the experimental results with minimal supervision.
- Plans and supports the successful development and execution of state-of-the-art manufacturing processes for Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) within the Cell Therapy (CT) Development matrix
- Interact with new or existing Cell Therapy clients to document and transfer new processes to Lonza sites and communicate and present the work in meetings
- Contribute and support scientific or engineering expertise toward the design and development of new process ideas that support client product concepts
- Able to performs cellular, biochemical and molecular techniques, including but not limited to, cell culture, nucleic acid extraction, real-time qPCR/RT-PCR, ddPCR, flow cytometry, microscopy, ELISA and spectrophotometric, fluorometric cell-based potency assays, for the characterization cell therapy products.
- Maintains accurate, detailed records, experimental data and protocols following Lonza’s best documentation practices.
- Prepares data summary and data reports. Works with Lead Scientists to communicate and summarize results for internal and client meetings, written reports and presentations.
- Provides technical support in analytical method optimization, qualification and transfer to QC following
- Performs common laboratory maintenance as needed. Maintains stock of lab supplies and reagents in support of ongoing programs.
- Becomes knowledgeable and complies with all pertinent safety policies, rules and regulations.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Establish and maintain a good working relationship within the operations department and other departments such as Research and Technology (R&T), Quality Control (QC), Quality Assurance (QA) and Project Management (PM)
- Supports projects within his/her expertise and experience. Develops and improves new skills and knowledge necessary to successfully support assigned projects.
- A Masters with entry level years of experience or Bachelors with advanced years of experience.
- Mammalian tissue culture experience, and specifically experience with stem cells, immune cells or human-sourced primary cells, Embryonic Stem Cell, iPSC (Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell)
- Hands-on experience with single-use and scalable systems, such as multi-layered flasks and/or bioreactor systems
- Knowledge of cellular biology/chemistry, various types of laboratory equipment, strong aseptic technique.
- Strong technical writing skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge on antibody –based methodologies including, but not limited to, immunocytochemistry, immunofluorescence, FACS analysis and ELISA
- Experience with nucleic acid and proteins sample preparation/purification.
- Experience with optimization and qualification of quantitative experimental design and statistical methods.
- Computer software skills including Microsoft Office, TrackWise, DMS, ERP system; accurate record keeping; ability to manage multiple projects; time management skills.
- Diplomacy; negotiation skills; written and oral communication skills; independent work skills; strong work ethic.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.