Senior Business Analyst, Proposals Management
United States, Houston (Texas)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Business Analyst, Proposals Management is critical part of Cell Gene Therapy (CGT) commercial proposal team and is responsible for driving standardization of proposal and costing tools and commercial business processes across CGT Business Unit.
Key Position Responsibilities:
- Organize, lead and manage the global commercial processes for the proposal team such as deal review and statement of works.
- Work with business development managers for loss analysis and compile of customer feedback. Create meaningful insight for the commercial teams on future offering and pricing.
- Analyze proposals submitted from proposal managers and respective outcomes, compile this information into a meaningful database to support future decision making and proposals
- Research and analyze historical data and develop cost models to support proposal efforts.
- Coordinate the collection and accumulation of cost, scheduling, and performance elements from functional departments.
- Help to ensure commercial process alignment between commercial, operations, finance and legal.
- Collect and manage best contract practices and creating and modifying templates based on stakeholder feedbacks.
- Collaborate with operations, process development teams to create standard work stages for proposal teams.
- Maintain and support implementation of the software tools – such as Salesforce, Conga to automate proposal process
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Science/Engineering. MBA or post-graduate is considered a plus.
- Progressive experience in various areas of proposal and/or commercial management is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Cell and Gene Technologies/Biologics/ Pharmaceutical industries is considered highly desirable.
- Strong IT skills are required. Advanced skills with Microsoft Excel is needed including the ability to create pivot tables, high end reports.
- Salesforce CRM administration and data management experience strongly preferred
- Solid presentation skills and the ability to communicate, influence and gain commitment of the technical, program and business development team members
- Excellent organizational, project management, and prioritization skills.
- Proven capability to manage multiple, complex projects, meeting tight deadlines, and working well in high stakes situations.
- Attention to detail and financial mindset required.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.