Process Transfer Scientist
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Process Transfer Scientist role will be a recognized process expert. Supporting multiple customer project teams to deliver manufacturing processes in negotiation with external customers as well as other internal cross-functional teams. This role has the opportunity to develop an extensive internal network. Building influence and credibility in the industry. In addition, the role will act as a coach/mentor to more junior team members and cross functionally as a Subject Matter Expert (SME).
Key Accountabilities and Duties:
- Represents and is an influential MSAT team member within multiple customer facing project teams using a standard methodology/procedures to successfully transfer complex processes into USP and/or DSP GMP manufacturing from international process development and pilot scale facilities.
- Accountable for the management of technical risks associated with process transfer, identification & introduction of new raw materials for pilot and production scale batches and work cross functionally to ensure communication of all critical process and technical information to meet the required deadlines/customer outcomes.
- Actively communicates, presents data, negotiates and collaborates with the customer via both face-to-face meeting and teleconferences.
- Accountable for independent 24/7 on plant technical support, process monitoring and complex data analysis. Responsible for delivering effective operator training for critical unit/process operations and off line completion of quality actions (e.g. deviations, change controls, CAPA’s) working effectively in cross-functional teams to deliver required outcomes.
- Contributes to the immediate resolution of identified manufacturing process issues through use of knowledge and experience, leading technical investigations to ensure continuous improvements are made to the GMP manufacturing processes and operations. Will work with SMEs to develop knowledge base, deepen process understanding and advise as needed junior level team members on specific technical problem resolution through sharing key knowledge.
- Proactively anticipates, evaluates and resolves technical challenges within area of expertise. Is self-managed in preventing deviations in unit operations including interaction and strong communication with both internal and external team(s). (NEW PARA) Understands and looks to introduce new technologies and how they may be applicable to process innovation, cost or yield improvement.
Minimum Required Qualifications/Skills:
- PhD/EngD or equivalent means of demonstrating ability with experience in industry Masters in Biotechnology Biochemical Engineering /Chemical Engineering Biochemistry
- Has knowledge in field of expertise either from laboratory development or a manufacturing operations background and on the job training, working as either as an individual contributor or as a strong team player.
- Demonstrated experience in process transfer
- Demonstrated knowledge in USP and/or DSP operations from working in a GMP environment.
- Ability to technically understand complex non routine unit operations with a proven track record of successful technical transfer expertise.
- Has a deep understanding of manufacturing processes.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievement themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.