Operational Buyer Direct
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Operations Buyer provides daily support to the purchasing operation by creating orders in SAP, following up with suppliers, maintaining purchasing information, and ensuring the timely arrival of purchased items. As needed, the Buyer, is tasked with managing a variety of processes utilized to support the purchasing function, such as vendor investigations and document creation. Lead and support quality system activities as required, Change Control, Deviation and other.
- Monitor & track supplier performance and feedback to strategic buyers and/or category managers
- Support the implementation of supplier changes and other initiatives led by Central Category managers and Site Strategic Buyers
- Collaborate with the broader procurement team to ensure all relevant material & vendor master data and outline agreements are available in SAP and are up to date
- Manage Level 2 vendor escalations, including but not limited to: Expediting delivery confirmation dates that don’t meet our MRP and production needs, MRP driven delivery date “Push Out” or “Pull In”, Late or missing PO confirmations, Pricing Discrepancies
- Delivery and Shipping related issues and inquiries
- Manage and resolve Vendor Returns (RMA, Cost Recovery, Replacements)
- Manage AP Inquiries (Invoice issues, etc..)
- Support internal cross-functional stakeholders to onboard and approve new raw materials and suppliers
- Associates required; bachelor's preferred.
- MS Office experience required; SAP experience highly preferred.
- Prior direct buying experience in a GMP regulated environment, preferably in the Biotech industry.
- Experience buying raw materials, chemicals, combustibles nice to have.
- Ability to influence cost savings initiatives.
- Strong skills in supplier management and relationship building.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.