Technologist – Protein Analytics
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for a Technologist, on a 9 month Fixed term contract, to join our Purification Development team based at our site in Cambridge, UK. The successful candidate will support Process Development by performing a range of analytical tests such as HPLC, ELISA, IC-IEF and gel based assays. This is a lab based position that requires equipment maintenance, buffer preparation and data analysis.
- Perform range of assays, e.g. MEA, AKTA, HPLC, GXII, qPCR, icIEF, ELISA LC/MS and CE SDS
- Analyse data and interpret results
- Critically analyse information and drive good quality, data driven decisions on own projects
- Delivery of work in line with expected standards (safety, on time, right first time to the appropriate degree of quality)
- Adherence to good laboratory practice including cGMP where applicable
- Perform general department functions (Ordering, buffer preps, risk assessments)
- Equipment maintenance
- Perform other duties as assigned
- BSc in relevant scientific / technical discipline (Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biological Science, Biotechnology)
- Previous laboratory and technical experience gained during degree or gained during work experience
- Experience of Protein analytics, HPLC or Elisa would be beneficial
- Technical competence in appropriate scientific discipline or technology
- Proficiency with standard and specialist software
- Good attention to detail
- Good communication
- Prioritise and manage own time effectively
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.