Senior Operations Assistant, Logistics
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there is no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Senior Operations Assistant is a member of the Logistics team, and is capable to perform, with minimal supervision, any of the three main activities of the logistics team: Receiving of materials, Picking/Issuing, Shipping of Final product and samples.
- Oversee daily area operations and ensure smooth workflow in terms of receipt, storage and shipment
- Complete understanding of daily functions and process flow of assigned core area (i.e. Shipping: coordinate, liaise between internal departments for arrangement of export samples & BDS shipment)
- Ensure accuracy of shipment documents and all required permits are provided for each shipment
- Liaise with forwarder, consignee to ensure smooth & timely pick-up and delivery of shipment
- Inventory management, liaising with sourcing to ensure sufficient shipment/ packing materials
- Knowledge of all SAP transactions relating to core area functions
- Maintain accuracy of all transactions in SAP related to material movement and inventory
- Investigate and respond to inquiries regarding responsible logistics functions (warehousing, shipping, receiving distribution, inventory control)
- Enhanced knowledge and ability to utilize quality systems. (i.e. DMS, Variance/Deviation)
- Solid understanding of material handling/storage safety
- Monitor area paperwork for accuracy and compliance
- Assist with the transportation and relocation of materials as needed
- Flexibility to support activities in multiple warehouse functional areas as required
- Maintain and Monitor equipment as required. (i.e. Temperature charts, Logbooks)
- Understanding of Logistics department work flow and where it resides in the company work flow
- Troubleshoot and respond to area problems
- Identify gaps in processes & procedures and recognize/identify deficiencies or gaps in processes
- Work interdepartmentally to complete assigned tasks, (i.e. QC Raw Materials, Purchase to Pay)
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- GCE O level / Diploma in Supply Chain/Material Management.
- Significant warehousing experience in the logistics/ biotech manufacturing environment.
- Valid Forklift operating license.
- Understanding of cGMP basic processes and procedures.
- Good computer knowledge (i.e. Outlook, Word, Excel, etc).
- Ability to operate forklift and other warehouse equipment are essential.
- The role requires employee to perform this role that requires to visually differentiate and identify colors and requirement is to have normal colour vision.
- Positive attitude, willing to learn.
- Action orientation and a positive attitude.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.