QC Manager- Cell Therapy Technical Services
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza in Portsmouth, NH is searching for an experienced Quality Control (QC) Manager, Cell Therapy Technical Services to join our QC team. As our QC Manager, Cell Therapy Technical Services, you will act as an advisor to colleagues to meet schedules and resolve technical problems within the Cell Therapy team. Our QC Manager, Cell Therapy Technical Services will be managing timelines and activities such as method transfers, method trouble-shooting, and testing support for Cell Therapy lab operations as well as supporting Cell Therapy batch releases. They will be engaged in hiring, developing and retaining energized, motivated and team oriented staff.
- Identifies QC responsibilities, work to be performed and timelines pertaining to area of responsibility
- Stress and carry forward analyst and scientist training, education and advancement.
- Understand regulatory requirements and Lonza policies pertaining to the area of responsibility.
- Ensure Quality Control policies or procedures are appropriate and establish and/or revise, as necessary.
- Ensure regulatory and customer inspection readiness and represent the department and participate in audits as required.
- Additional project work as assigned and needed.
- Bachelor Degree. Preferred area of study in Related Science Fields or Organizational Leadership.
- Significant working experience in a GMP environment. Experience in/with a CDMO is highly preferred.
- Working experience with regulatory and inspections/audits (representing a QC area during the audit).
- Prior direct supervisory experience needed.
- Previous experience using Laboratory Systems, Document Management Systems and GMP Quality Systems preferred (ex. LIMS and Empower).
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.