Scientist Process Analytics
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for a Process Analytics Scientist to join our hugely successful Process Development team in Slough. In the role, you will support Process Development by performing a range of analytical tests such as HPLC, ELISA, IC-IEF and gel based assays. This is a lab-based position that requires equipment maintenance, buffer preparation, data analysis and troubleshooting. Customer interaction will be expected in this position.
- Perform range of assays, e.g. MEA, AKTA, HPLC, GXII, ELISA, QPCR, LC/MS, iCE, CE SDS
- Analyse data and interpret results including troubleshooting
- Perform general department functions e.g. ordering, buffer preparation, risk assessments
- Maintain and take ownership of systems (documentation, calibration, troubleshooting)
- Work on internal and external multidisciplinary projects
- Adherence to good laboratory practice, including cGMP where applicable
- BSc in relevant scientific / technical discipline, Biochemistry, Chemistry,Biological Sciences, Biotechnology
- Previous laboratory and technical experience gained during degree or gained during previous work experience
- Technical competence in appropriate scientific discipline or technology
- Proficiency with standard and specialist software
- Good attention to detail
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.