Analytical Team Leader
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Lonza is establishing a strategic biomanufacturing based in China using GE Healthcare Solutions. With the new facility, Lonza is responding to growing demand for a high-quality CDMO in the Chinese market.
As Analytical Team Leader, you will be expected to provide technical expertise for the analytical development activities to ensure they are executed with a high standard in compliance with ICH guidelines, GMP and business principles.
- Lead the team to provide analytical testing to mainly support process development teams as well as conduct necessary cGMP analytical activities. Responsible for the delivery of activities on multiple parallel commercial analytical development (IND) projects and late stage validation projects (BLA) locally and working with other global sites.
- Lead a team and have a demonstrated track record and genuine interest in developing high performing individuals and teams. Take a lead role in day to day department management activities; Take a lead role in adherence to safety rules and regulations and proactively suggesting and leading areas of improvement.
- Ensure effective communication within peers, teams and departments locally and in Lonza’s global network. Ensure projects are executed and delivered to agreed timelines and budgets with the available resources (people/skill sets/equipment) at high levels of right first time.
- Ensure and participate with the team to deliver high quality communication to provide an outstanding customer experience (written reports, presentations, teleconferences, face-to-face meetings).
- Maintain sufficient technical / regulatory / business knowledge to represent the analytical development group internally on Customer project teams and externally at conferences. Start to participate as a lead in own area of expertise in customer visits, sales processes or any other associated activities.
- Coach, mentor and train direct and indirect reports in the necessary scientific critique/knowledge and technical skills to achieve the department’s objectives and establish robust succession plans.
- Perform hands-on laboratory work as necessary to support protein structure / function determination.
- Contributing to customer projects and troubleshoot more complex technical challenges in customer projects. Oversight of laboratory areas and/or methods.
- Documentation of results in accordance with Lonza policies and current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP) – as appropriate. Reviewing draft reports, proposals, presentations and scientific data to maintain the highest level of quality standards within the department. May be owners of quality records (Deviations, CAPAs, change controls, tasks, effectiveness checks).
- Master or above with the major related to Biological Engineering, Biochemical Engineering or Chemical Engineering
- Solid work experience in relevant industry including 2 years of people management experience
- Practical laboratory experience in analytical testing for antibodies or proteins is required
- Understanding of theory and application of protein production, purification and analysis
- Understanding of cGMP regulations
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Excellent teamworking skills.
- Fluency in written and spoken English
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.