Procurement Excellence Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Building One Procurement community with globally harmonized and standardized processes and driving the digital transformation of the Procurement function is the context of this role. The Procurement Excellence Manager will lead initiatives of the Procurement Excellence team at Global level and will drive change management, communication and implementation across all Lonza sites.
- Lead strategic cross-functional projects across all Lonza sites (Risk Management, Supplier Performance Management, Sustainable Procurement).
- Support the digital transformation of the Procurement function by defining the priorities and identifying/evaluating relevant digital tools. Functionally design, define and coordinate the implementation of new technologies across the entire LPBN network.
- Engage with internal stakeholders in Procurement, Operations and Corporate Functions and drive communication particularly for transformational changes.
- Create and introduce Procurement policies and guidelines including change management.
- Support a program to drive Procurement excellence and improvement in procurement processes (focus on largest pain points / prioritization / identification and roll-out of the right action plans). Ensure full compliance to processes.
- Ensure consolidation of accurate, properly categorized and transparent Global Procurement data and reporting.
- Master's Degree in Procurement, IT, Finance, Business Administration or relevant subject
- Significant experience in Procurement processes and optimization/harmonization (S2P), data analytics and digital technologies
- Experience with SAP ERP, Business Warehouse, Ariba, e-procurement and catalogues
- International procurement and or strategic sourcing experience
- Experience in driving and delivering global projects
- Strong communication skills in English, German and or French would also be advantageous
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.