Formulation Group Leader
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
Here at Lonza, we have an exciting opportunity for a Formulation Group Leader to join our fast moving, dynamic, world leading formulation team.
- Lead, manage and motivate assigned group within the Formulation Team
- Manage performance and personal development of assigned team through appropriate methods (Personal development plan, goal setting, monthly meetings, coaching, mentoring and performance reviews etc.)
- Provide training and support to team members in formulation development and clinical manufacturing activities
- Ensure that quality standards are maintained by team member through guidance and review of procedures and practices within the FD team
- To develop R&D initiatives in the area of formulation and process development
- Define formulation strategy with Head of Formulation in accordance with agreed Project proposal/target product profile
- Work closely with Project Managers to ensure project timelines are adhered to for Formulation Developments projects
- Compile/review/approve study protocols, within your individual knowledge base, as appropriate for assigned internal and client projects
- Communicate effectively with other departments and with the client
- Compile/review/approve development reports protocols within your individual knowledge base, as appropriate for assigned internal and client projects
- Coordinate the procurement of materials for use in development and lab scale manufacture. Support Project Management to procure materials for clinical manufactures
- BSc in a relevant scientific discipline.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Formulation development and design process.
- Demonstrated knowledge of regulatory and GMP processes
- Good time management, organization and planning skills
- Effective communicator
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.