Senior MES Specialist/Manager
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this global role as Manufacturing Execution System (MES) Manager in the global MES Center of Excellence (CoE) you will drive the development of global MES standard/core and processes and manage the deployment of the global/site MES projects in close collaboration with the business in order to maximize the value of the use of Lonza’s MES solutions. This role can be executed from either Switzerland or the US.
- Define, rollout & maintain global MES standard/core and processes at competitive cost. Standard/core and processes includes MES vendor, hardware, software, master data management, project execution, validation, life cycle management, security and training.
- Manage change requests for the global MES standard/core and processes (change advisory board)
- Execute & manage global/site MES projects including the rollout of the Global MES/core and processes
- Audit sites in regards to compliance with global standard/core and processes
- Support sites during authority and customer audit on MES topics
- Drive continuous improvement (benchmark to industry standards/best practices) of the current Lonza MES standards/core and processes
- Provide 3rd level support (troubleshooting, vendor interaction) to sites
- Lonza’s Interface with the MES vendor
- Degree in Engineering or equivalent
- Experience in MES in a highly controlled environment with high standards in technology such as the biopharmaceutical industry
- Experience in implementing global MES standard/core in a multi-site environment
- Excellent knowledge of state of the art MES tools and MES processes
- Experience with Syncade is an advantage
- High level of project management skills and familiar with Operational Excellence tools
- Leadership experience in global teams with indirect reporting
- Fluent in English and ready for substantial international travel
- Excellent communications skills
- Strategic thinking and like working in an open and global environment
- Creative, driven, hands-on and a reliable team player
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.