HR Business Partner
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We have an amazing opportunity for a qualified HR Business Partner to join our team based in Slough, UK.
Working within the broader HR team provides professional HR support, advice and expertise in relation to the delivery of the HR goals and the achievement of Lonza Slough Site business objectives for specific client groups, covering up to 300 headcount.
Maintains an up to date understanding of the short, medium and long term strategic and operational requirements of the business though the development and maintenance of relationships with client groups to ensure the alignment of HR support to their business objectives
Working closely with Senior Leaders and Finance to maintain adherence to headcount budgets and efficiency targets
- Works independently to provide expert specialist advice and guidance to leaders and people managers on all aspects of HR policy, employment legislation and employee relations.
- Continually challenges the business, instigating and supporting projects that improve organization, team and individual effectiveness including delivery and facilitation of performance cycle activities, organizational effectiveness, & design, organization capability and talent management.
- Partners with the HR Shared Service team to ensure professional and practical support is given to the business whilst using your experience to support the learning and development of HRSS team members.
- Works closely with the HR Director and Lead HR Business Partner to identify, plan and deliver both global and local HR projects and initiatives, leading local projects and taking an active role in global projects.
- Undergraduate degree or equivalent level of education Preferred area of study: HR, Business or Commercial related.
- Experience operating in a business partner capacity with senior leaders and people managers, either in a generalist or operational HR capacity.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD).
- Up to date knowledge of UK employment legislation.
- Demonstrable knowledge of best HR practice.
- PC literate with a good working knowledge of Windows Office tools, experience with Workday would be desirable.
- Able to influence and build strong relationships with business leaders.
- Ability to be proactive and deliver results for client groups whilst minimizing risk to the business.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.