Analyst 3, QC
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The QC Analyst will act as a team member of the Quality Control department who will participate in quality testing and provide on-time, high quality results to meet Manufacturing demands. The QC Analyst III applies job skills and company's policies and procedures to complete a variety of tasks. The role will encompass a good understanding and execution of several methods such as spectroscopy, ELISA, qPCR/PCR, CE, SDS-PAGE, IEF/iCIEF, TOC, osmolality, potency methods, appearance and other physiochemical methods.
- To prioritize and perform the various testing/analysis in timely manner, in order to support the business requirements.
- Analysis of bulk product according to Standard Operating Procedures and Test Methods.
- Documentation of results in accordance with current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
- Problem solving of analytical methods as well as troubleshooting of equipment.
- Involvement in method transfers and validation.
- Involved in equipment qualification and technical selection of QC equipment and/or standards and reagents.
- Assay trend analysis, document revision and update.
- General lab support including housekeeping, equipment maintenance, inventory of supplies, lab supplies ordering, management of glass wares, autoclaving etc.
- Any other duties as assigned by your Supervisor/Manager.
- Degree in a relevant Science field or Equivalent
- Significant years of Lab related experience in a biotech or medically related field
- Understanding and execution of ELISA, qPCR, potency, CE-SDS and iCIEF methods
- Knowledge and Power User of Empower 3
- Relevant experience and accomplishment to dictate final position for which the candidate may qualify
- Well versed in cGMP regulations
- Good problem solving and analytical skills
- Good communication skills.
Every day, Lonza's products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieve ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.