Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The EHS Specialist will be responsible for maintaining the site Environmental, Health and Safety programs (OSHA Recording/Workers Compensation/Risk Assessment/Biological Safety/Confined Space/Control of Hazardous Energy). The incumbent will have specific responsibility for both the implementation and maintenance of assigned programs in Environmental, Health and Safety programs. Will have a comprehensive level of EHS knowledge in their area of focus and be able to lead site personnel to achieve site EHS objectives.
- Program Development – Develop site EHS programs to meet regulatory compliance, prevent injuries and protect the environment.
- Program Implementation/Enforcement – Work with site employees and contractors to understand and achieve the objectives of the site EHS programs.
- EHS Project Management – Develop projects and lead teams to achieve improvements in site EHS performance. Support asset-centric organization as EHS representative.
- Recordkeeping/Reporting – Collect and maintain data and records for EHS compliance and reporting.
- Inspections and Audits – Conduct and coordinate EHS inspections and audits including internal inspections, corporate, regulatory and customer audits.
- Risk Assessments/Resolution – Participate and lead EHS risk assessments for new operations, equipment and process changes. Work to resolve all EHS concerns.
- Training – Prepare and Deliver EHS training and education to employees and contractors working at the site Program Development – Develop site EHS programs to meet regulatory compliance, prevent injuries and protect the environment.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- BS w/3 years’ experience in manufacturing, chemical preferred or AS/EHS certifications and applicable experience
- Knowledgeable of safety policies, rules and regulations
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Strong leadership skills, ability to coach employees
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if it is not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.