Territory Sales Manager
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
The Territory Sales Manager will be responsible to manage sales territory in the Consumer Health & Nutrition industry by initiating and/or nurturing contact with prospects and customers. They will report activities/results of customer contacts to management, keeping them informed of market conditions and competitive activities. In addition, the Territory Sales Manager will collaborate closely with Customer Service Representatives, Sales Managers, Field Service Engineers, Quality Personnel, and Business Development colleagues to ensure customer needs are being properly fulfilled and territory sales targets are achieved by driving continued growth.
- Meet established sales budget and team sales targets
- Forecast sales, develop “out of the box” sales strategies/models and evaluate their effectiveness
- Evaluate customer, needs and build productive long lasting relationships
- Meet personal and team sales targets
- Research accounts and generate or follow through sales leads
- Attend meeting, sales events, trade shows and trainings
- Report and provide feedback to management using sales data
- Maintain and expand client database within your assigned territory
- Timely and effective communication including weekly highlights, call reports and account plans
- Completes sales call and expense reports on a timely basis in accordance with company policy
- Develop and maintain a sales forecast to help analyze market conditions and/or changes in assigned territory for maximum productivity and sales growth
- Work with customer service, operations and QA to resolve customer complaints
- Develops effective working relationships with internal teams to service customer needs and grow profitable sales
- Some overnight travel required
- Bachelor’s Degree in business, life sciences or technical discipline
- Experience in the Health and Nutrition industry from a business to business (B2B) perspective
- Industrial sales experience to include contacts with Purchasing, Production, and some contact with R&D, Marketing and Quality Control or project management experience
- Past record of sales success
- Must be fluent in English
- Ability to multi-task and manage resources to maximize territory performance
- Must be able to travel to accounts/sales meetings domestically (30-50%); Most travel will be local to Southern California
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.
Lonza is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a qualified individual with disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.