Site Operational Excellence Lead
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking to recruit a Site Operational Excellence (OE) Lead to, be based at our site in Monteggio, Switzerland.
The OE Lead is responsible for the Operational Excellence program deployment across the entire site, and the Hoshin overview, supporting the site´s transformation with improvement initiatives focused on the Operational Excellence Strategy (Safety, Quality at Source, On-time Delivery, Cost Efficiency, Innovation and People).
As OE Lead, must ensure alignment with global Operational Excellence and SLT. They also support the generation of new initiatives, and together with the Sponsors, are responsible for the coordination of the assigned projects and respective timelines, costs, KPI’s and achievement to plan.
The OE Lead, coaches’ initiative leads by identifying, scoping, developing business cases and implementing improvement projects. The OE Lead will also provide methodological leading and mentoring to improve, stabilize and optimize processes
- To plan, lead, drive and execute, improvement projects following the DMAIC methodology and using the Lean and Six Sigma tools. During project execution, the OE project Lead will eEstablish performance measurements and process control plans to monitor project status.
- To support the Operational Excellence Strategy Program ensuring the is not only followed and understood by those directly involved, but as well, it is embedded and cascaded to the day-to-day activities. This will be achieved by working with the leadership team to establish projects & priorities in support of business growth objectives through department projects.
- Coaches and trains others in the LEAN- Six Sigma philosophy and DMAIC methods in order to build an operational excellence culture that is embraced by all employees and that will allow the site to achieve the OE maturity level required.
- Facilitate and lead cross functional Kaizen events on site
- Collaborate in the development of communication mechanisms to maintain the continuity of OE across the company.
What we need you to have:
- BS/BA qualified, Preferably Science Field
- Extensive hands on experience in Pharmaceutical/Biotechnology industry
- Excellent communications skills both written and verbal format.
- Certified Green Belt, Preferred Black Belt
- Fluency in Italian, and English.
- Demonstrated ability to present ideas publicly to inform, educate and influence others positively in achieving business results.
- Hands on attitude to get things done with the ability to manage change to a successful conclusion.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.