Head of QC Lab Systems and Automation
United States, Portsmouth (New Hampshire)
Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
In this highly visible role as a Head of QC Lab Systems and Automation you will drive the strategy, roadmap, customer demand management, people management, project management and solution development for the all the operations networks.
In collaboration with the business and IT partners, you will develop strategies and actionable plans that maximize the business value from the use of our Lab Systems portfolio (e.g: LIMS, LES, CDS, etc).
- Responsible to develop, drive and audit the implementation of the global Lab of the Future strategy throughout the Lonza Tech Ops network
- Responsible for the selection, design, deployment and roll-out of global standards for the operations network
- Lead the effort to ensure operational functionality of the Lab systems standard as well as compliance to cGxP in collaboration with Sites leadership teams, Global Quality Assurance and IT (security and infrastructure)
- Leads, manages, coaches, motivates and guides a team of highly skilled experts
- Establish and manage the Lab Systems CoE including; enabling capabilities, standards, governance framework and portfolio management
- Own the Lonza Lab Systems global templates and ensure that’s maintained according to the Quality Strategy and priorities (Act as a global system owner and design authority)
- Partner with Quality Function and IT to maximize scalability of solutions
- Drive and coordinate global deployment of the standard across sites as well as deployment of upgrades, patches, and changes
- Keep abreast of technical developments that may have application in the Pharma / biotech industry and promote the use of those that provide strategic business benefits.
- Able to collaborate and communicate with a variety of stakeholders, ensuring that all stakeholders have appropriate information in a timely manner
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Excellent knowledge of GxP systems implementation or software development life cycle and Lab systems standards
- Professional experience in the pharmaceutical/biotech industry and expertise in GxP
- Excellent Business Partnering skills and ability to collaborate with customers and cross-functional teams to deliver superior business outcomes
- Strong influencing, leadership and people management skills, inspiring and empowering leadership style
- Highly customer-focused, with demonstrable stakeholder management experience and passionate about delivering high quality innovative solutions and services that meet business needs, which are readily scalable
- A proven track record of running high performing environments, including virtual teams
- Innovative, responsible, and reliable with a highly developed strategic mindset
- Able to contribute at a functional leadership level beyond own immediate area of responsibility with strong communication skills and ability to forge relationships with a wide range of colleagues across the globe
- Experience in managing change initiatives with the commitment to implement change within the organization
- Adaptable and flexible to change in a large organization
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.