Today Lonza is a global leader in life sciences. We are more than 15,000 employees in more than 100 locations around the world. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are currently looking for an Expert Biotechnologist to be join our Centre of Excellence for biopharmaceutical process development and small-scale GMP manufacturing in Slough, UK.
The Expert Biotechnologist role continues a technical career path within Manufacturing, providing career progression without direct line management responsibility. The role requires expert technical knowledge of the plant / environment and a willingness to form collaborative working relationships with other areas (including strong links to the engineering department)
- Manufacturing Representative for Manufacturing Projects, providing support to ensure a successful implementation of manufacturing projects.
- Trouble shooting problems, investigating deviation events and proposing corrective and preventive actions to be undertaken.
- You will ensure that a high standard of GMP is adhered to at all times
- Effectively use all of the Lonza Quality management procedures e.g. deviations
- Working in a clean room environment
- Liaising with representatives from other areas or sites within the business.
- Participate in technical equipment and process training for operations staff
- Perform other duties as assigned.
What we need you to have:
- Degree or equivalent means of demonstrating ability with significant experience in industry or a relevant academic environment
- Extensive experience within a manufacturing experience in a relevant area
- Previous experience in a manufacturing supervisory role
- Manufacturing principles including technical specialisms relating to Fermentation and Purification. Good command of both written and oral English. Understand the implications and relevance of company policy, external legislation and regulation on working practices
- Good organizational and strong problem solving skills. Understand how to diagnose and determine the causes of faults in plant, systems and components.
- Interpersonal and coaching skills.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.